Instagram. I have done numerous articles on Instagram and no, they or Facebook who owns it does not pay me anything to do so. It is just a cool app that thousands of others beside myself, are using to reach today’s hungry mobile market. Why? Because Instagram is today’s powerhouse social media site for consumer businesses. And if you give customers an inviting way to post to Instagram, they'll advertise your business for free. Millennials love Instagram as well as the upper tier Gen X. That my friend is your key demographics. So how can you get your small business to gather followers and engagement on Instagram and, ideally, increase sales and most of all, followers and influencers.
Here are some tips I found that you really have to try.
1. Paint a wall or portion of a wall a bright, clean color that "pops." on Instagram.
2. Create an enticing design on a wall. Something that you know will pop.
3. Create an Instagram “booth” with a cool background and good lighting for close-ups.
4. Make sure your @CompanyName is painted or printed on everything you create as an Instagram background.
5. Put a “stand here” indicator such as put footprints on the floor to make sure people don’t cover your name in the photos.
6. Invent an “Instagram pic of the day” with a suggestion of something visual and invite customers to take a photo and tag your business.
Making your company Instagram-worthy is harder for small businesses without physical locations. But some of the items mentioned above can still work for your home-based business or consulting. Just keep in mind who your client-customer base is.
You can do these things below yourself if your home does not have the space.
1. Create a template for your posts – using the same colors and fonts so you become quickly recognizable.
2. Use inspiring quotes and messages – people like to feel good!
3. Create (good clean) fun posts that give followers a lift.
4. Make your photos as beautiful as possible. Us those #hashtags!!
5. Make your posts pretty using a tool like Canva or Over or Adobe Photoshop Express.
6. Use Instagram Stories to show followers a “behind-the-scenes” look at your business.
7. Post multiple pics to make viewers swipe, which increases engagement!
Tags: #instagram, #branding, #marketing, #social media, #apps, #mobility